|Last weekend, the Summerset Symphony honored Schubert and four other of its
musicians for being named National Players. The musicians, each of whom plays
a different instrument in the orchestra and has been with the group a
different number of years, were treated to a surprise playing of "For
He's a Jolly Good ..." during the symphony's Saturday concert. From the
information below, can you solve our inaugural Logic Puzzle by finding each
honored musician's full name, the instrument he or she plays in the Summerset
Symphony, and the number of whole years he or she has been performing with
- Handel has been with the group twice as long as Georgia, who has been
a Summerset Symphony musician twice as long as the clarinet player.
- The flutist isn't the honoree who has the shortest tenure with the
- Walter has been performing with the symphony 12 years longer than Bach.
- The most-veteran musician has played for the group 18 years longer than
the least-veteran performer.
- James has been a Summerset Symphony member 3 fewer years than the oboist.
- Wagner has been with the orchestra twice as long as the violinist, who
has been a member 3 years longer than Maria.
- Georgia and Bach both trained at Cozy Valley Conservatory.
- Ravel has been playing for the Summerset Symphony 12 fewer years than
fellow honoree Yolanda has.
- The oboist has been with the group half as long as the cellist.